Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pink Drink - Day 1

What in the world is the pink drink and why am I drinking it???

The Pink Drink is Plexus Slim from the company Plexus Worldwide (actually located in Scottsdale, AZ!) and basically it is a pink powder that you mix with water (12-20 ounces) and drink first thing in the morning.  The website says  Plexus Slim is the most-natural way to lose weight and inches by burning fat, not muscle. Slim also helps keep blood sugar, cholesterol and lipids at healthy levels. In addition, it helps reduce binge eating and increases your willpower over food.

I also take their Accelerator tablet with breakfast and lunch which when paired with the Slim Plexus drink helps boost energy and metabolism.

Why am I jumping on the pink drink bandwagon?  Because I need to.  I need help and more then just good old willpower and motivation to eat healthy and lose weight.  Over the last 4-5 months I have seen a number of friends rave about their experiences with Plexus Slim and so many people say it made losing weight easier then ever.

No diet plan to follow other then eating healthy and exercising - so no reason this can't be combined with any other healthy eating plan be it weight watchers, paleo, atkins, south beach, my fitness pal, etc, etc, etc. . .in my eyes this is the boost that some of us need to help us be successful. Or at least that is my hope for me if I fall in love with it as my friends have.

So, Day 1. . .

Was nervous to try the drink, but totally fine and kind of tasty.  A cherry type taste. I drank it in a 16 ounce bottle of water around 9 in the morning and then around 10 I had a zone bar and cup of fruit with the Accelerator.

I had lunch around 12:30 from Chipotle - a bowl with chicken, brown rice, veggies, black beans, lettuce, pico de gallo, a little sour cream and NO CHIPS.  My friend had them, but I didn't care or miss them too much.  That filled me till around 3 and I had a bag of French Onion Sunchips and water for a snack.  I wasn't hungry until a quick dinner before going to a movie where I had some chicken & beef teriyaki (normally I eat all the rice, but just a few spoonfuls tonight), a few california roll pieces, 1/2 of a shrimp tempura and water.  I was full!!

Now going to a movie to me is a sin without having popcorn - its almost like I go to a movie to justify movie popcorn.  When we got to the theatre the smell of the popcorn is like a drug that makes me purchase it - hungry or not.  But truthfully - I wasn't hungry and didn't really want the popcorn. ..well, I did feel a bit sad when I was looking at everyone else around me loving on their popcorn, but I was okay in not getting any because I truly wasn't hungry.

Later in the evening a bunch of people went to an ice cream shop where I always get 2 scoops of ice cream with hot fudge, whip cream, peanuts, cherry - all the good stuff!!!   Despite most people around me getting ice cream, I didn't. . .I ordered a dinner salad with ranch dressing and vinegar on the side and ate about 1/2 of it. ..I so didn't care that I didn't get ice cream. . I didn't want it.

My only debate is whether I stay on Weight Watchers and track my food there or go the My Fitness Plan, which there is no cost to. There is really something psychologically problematic to me to have to add calories for fruits and veggies when they are "free" on Weight Watchers. ..so struggling with that for the moment because I do need to track.

If I did go to MFP, today's calories that I consumed were 1297 and because I said I was sedentary and didn't exercise, they put me at a goal of 1250 a day - so according to MFP, I already blew that and I hate seeing that and it kinda makes me feel depressed, even though I felt better about my eating then I have in months. . .but interestingly on the WW food tracker I ate 26 points - exactly my target.

So, I will play around with the trackers and see which works best for me, but in the mean time. . .Pink Drink Day 1 was pretty good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment