Thursday, April 3, 2014

Pink Drink - Days 4 thru 13

I am in the middle of Week 2 of Plexus Slim plus Accelerator and it is early in the game, but I think I found my happy drink. . .

There is no question that I am not as hungry/snacky while taking these products.  No ifs, ands or buts about it.  And other then 3 times over the last 13 days I have not had anything other then water and with nothing added to it.  I drink an average of 80-90 ounces of water a day - I can't quite get to 100 ounces, but that is more then 1/2 my body weight anyways - for the moment I am shooting for between 85 and 90 ounces.

Some highlights of the last week: 
1) one day I had a rather crappy day, missed lunch and when I was first able to eat, I was ravenous. . .normally I would have eaten anything and everything, but I didn't.  I made good healthy choices and didn't even have mental gymnastics about;
2)  I am eating breakfast (ranges from egg beaters, hard boiled eggs, fruit, smoothie, protein bar, yogurt or something similar with fruit, grains and protein) around 8:30-9:30am and not snacky before lunch which is around 12-1 (or if I am, a banana totally satisfies me!) where as in the past I was continually grazing;
3) I have passed on dessert because I just wasn't hungry - not because I didn't think it was "right" or "wrong" to have dessert while on a "diet"
4) the one or two times I have had frozen yogurt over the past 10 days, the cost of the yogurt (you pay by the ounce) is well under what I used to pay for it and my toppings have not been any of the candy and not because I am telling myself it is "wrong" to have, but because I just don't want it;
5) I went out for a late night snack with my daughter and some friends where everyone ordered wings or a burger or a cookie skillet and I was completely satisfied with 3 or 4 small bites of my daughter's cookie skillet towards the end of the meal - I ordered nothing but water because I wasn't hungry;
6) I haven't pressed "snooze" one time on my alarm - when I wake up, I am ready to go for the most part (that is huge from a habitual snoozer);
7) On Sunday my schedule was all messed up and I didn't have enough water or healthy snacks with me and other then slamming a piece of pizza down, I didn't really have lunch.  It was the one day I didn't drink even 1/2 of my water and I had 2 diet cokes and I was definitely more snacky that day then other days - I found that interesting and am maybe a believer in that artificial sweeteners do make you crave sugary crap.

I am still struggling with whether I should track or not track. . .the other day I felt like I was grazing all day, but at the end of the evening when I look at my fitness pal tracker I was close to 200 calories below my target. .so what did I do?  Despite not really being hungry,  I ate those calories because I keep hearing in the back of my head if I eat too few calories my body will go into starvation and I won't lose. ..so I slammed down 200 calories before bed - kinda silly and stupid in the light of day.

So, I think I am going to try to give myself permission not to track and eat when I am hungry and see how that works and only track water (because I am old and forgetful and if I don't track the water I will have no clue how much I have had for the day) with my choice of lots of fun apps to do that on!

And some of you have asked if the drink is gross? NOOOOOOOOOOOO. .its actually quite yummy! Tastes like a cherry tootsie pop to me!!!



1 comment:

  1. As a sign of gratitude on how my son was saved from autism, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My son suffered autism in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have difficulty with communication,and he always complain of poor eye contact  . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who have the cure to autism . I never imagined autism  has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.autism  has a cure and is a herbal cure,you can contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get this medication, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete