Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Week 6 - The Pink Drink - Freedom to Eat. ..or to Not Eat

While I am really happy that I am down 6.5 pounds and have lost really close to 16 inches as well as a pants size (from 18/20 to 14/16) and bra size (sometimes there is just too TMI, even for me - lol!) I want to focus for a minute on something I just realized last night that Plexus has given me. ..the Freedom to Eat. ..or to Not Eat!   I need to share with you what might be a "no biggie" to you, but is HUGE for me!!

So at my daughter's theater there is a snack bar stocked with some fabulous junk food and while there are sometimes apples and pretzels and nature valley granola bars, most of the time delicious potato chips, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate candy and sugary candy have been calling my name and inviting me to devour them for 2 years.  And I am not one to say no and so I devoured.  And devoured some more.

 The kids have accounts with "credit" on them (i.e., money parents deposit so kids don't have to carry cash around with them) so they can get snacks and drinks when they are in shows or at rehearsals.  I like to pretend that my daughter goes through a ton of her credit and that she generously shares with her friends, but really I am probably to blame for the rapid rate that her snack credit disappears.  I help staff the snack bar during my daughter's rehearsals so I probably have eaten a college credit or two worth of junk food over the past two years.  If you could witness the mental gymnastics that have always gone through my head over whether or not to buy another candy bar or bag of chips you would be EXHAUSTED  - I can get pretty creative justifying why I should have that bag of cheezeits (cheese fills you up, right?) or that a Reese's peanut butter cup was healthy for you because of the protein from the peanut butter and a better option then the empty calories of a Hershey's bar.

Well, the week before every show opens there is a full week of late night rehearsals called "tech week" where they get everything ready in tip top condition to open (costumes, make up, hair, lighting, sound, props, etc) and for the past 2 years I have accepted that tons of junk food, late night fast food stops and iced coffees get me through this week.

PLEXUS IS MAGIC BABY!!!!  Seriously.  I started Plexus just before rehearsal for this latest show started and while I have bought a bag of pretzels or Sunchips here and there over the past 5 weeks, I have easily stayed away from the true crap food 99% of the time!  And really without much self talk or mental gymnastics!!! I just am not craving it or interested in it MOST of the time.  Does that mean I don't want it EVER?  NO, that is not what I am saying at all.  I got a small bag of Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookies the other night because I wanted some.  I ate most of the small package and gave the rest to one of the kids.  But I made a conscious choice to have it and didn't feel bad afterwards and the rest of the time I haven't bought any crap food and I am just AMAZED!!!  Such a fabulous freedom to just eat when you are hungry and not eat when you aren't!!!  Freedom to easily (most of the time!) make good food choices because that is what you crave. . .and when you do want a decadent treat, have it and enjoy it because you WANT it!!!  When you stop gorging on the "treats" throughout the day, all of a sudden they are no longer the norm and  "treats" are just that!   

Last night Chipotle generously donated food for 200 theater kids for dinner during tech week as lots of the kids are there from 4pm - 10pm (or later) each night. . .next to chocolate and sushi and steak, Mexican is one of my all time favorite food.  Like most people, I think the chips and salsa & guac are lots of the reason that I love Mexican food so much!  Normally when I have Mexican food, I probably eat more chips then actual food. ..about an hour or so after dinner, when I was on the phone talking to another one of my friends wanting to try Plexus I realized that I literally had no more then 5-10 chips with my dinner.  That was completely unintentionally done and I wasn't even aware of it - I was just sharing with my friend all the awesome changes I have been able to make with the help of my pink drink and that just popped into my head!!!!

I think the Food Freedom is right now what I am loving most about Plexus. ..if you have never had a probably saying no to food or always have had willpower to watch what you eat, you might not "get" what I am so excited about and why Plexus is my "magic potion".  But that is okay, there are enough of you who will get it and if you have ever struggled with the mental gymnastics of whether you should or shouldn't eat something and how guilty you feel after for eating something "naughty" then you probably get what I am saying and understand why its so HUGE for me! Freedom to eat or not eat is just HUGE for me. . .now, if they only had a magic potion for doing laundry, that would be just awesome!!!

1 comment:

  1. As a sign of gratitude on how my son was saved from autism, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My son suffered autism in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always have difficulty with communication,and he always complain of poor eye contact  . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who have the cure to autism . I never imagined autism  has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.autism  has a cure and is a herbal cure,you can contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get this medication, Thanks.

    ReplyDelete