Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Days 56 - 60 - When God passed out the Skinny Gene, I think He Skipped Over Me. .

So I have been on Weight Watchers for about 2 months now, or 8 weeks and as of today I have lost 12.8 pounds. . .clearly I am right smack in the middle of the average .5 - 2 lb weekly weight loss one should have.  Won't lie to you, I would be happier if it was at the 2 lb average, but I'm not and I'm kinda sorta okay with it.

There are things that I could do to be "more perfect" on WW and maybe lose faster. . .maybe have more water and less ice-tea. ..maybe not go into my weekly points Allowance 2-5 points a day. ..maybe stay away from a daily banana (yes, a LARGE one). . .maybe have less processed and therefore less sodium infused food. . .maybe have more cooked veggies and less raw ones with salsa. . .maybe not go out as much and guesstimate on some foods where no NI information is available for that  restaurant. . .oh yeah, and maybe do that exercise thing more. . maybe, maybe, maybe. . .but as of today, I'm not and again, I'm kinda sorta okay with that. 

I was sharing this with someone the other day and they told me that yeah, they went on WW once and they didn't lose on it and it doesn't work.  Hello. ..I am 12.8 pounds lighter, it works.  There are things I could maybe do to speed it up, but if this is supposed to be a lifestyle change, I am trying to find something that I can live with, right?  I have decided that anytime someone blames a diet for not working, it is just silly.  Its user error, not the diet.  Maybe WW or Atkins or South Beach or Medifast or Caveman isn't the perfect fit for a certain person, but if followed, all diets work. . .if not followed, you don't need to be a brain surgeon to figure out you won't lose weight . . .of course I am excluding someone that has medical issues that are preventing them from losing weight.  But people - stop blaming the diet...so silly.

So, someone else says to me that they think its great I have been doing so well on WW and now "you must see how easy it is to eat healthy".. .And this is where I think people have the thin gene. .or not.  No, I don't friggen see how easy it is. ..its not easy - doesn't mean its not better, but no, for me, its not easy.  I love love love junk food and I love to grab easy things and I love to go out and I don't like cooking.  And I love to eat.  So no, its a daily struggle for me.  As a matter of fact, I am quite convinced I think about food more now than when I ate like crap. ..I am constantly tracking my food, looking it up and planning lunch based on dinner or dinner based on lunch, etc. . .I'm totally okay with this and an happily choosing to eat healthier (I want to wear that tank top you know!), but no, doesn't not mean this is easy for me. 

But whereas I am thinking about food all the time, guess what I am not doing anymore?  I am not leaving meals feeling bloated and overly full. .I am not having the mental gymnastics of whether I should or should not eat something and the beating myself up if I did eat junk food. . .And while being on WW is a daily struggle for me, I would not give it up for anything right now. . .I feel empowered and better than I have in a long time and I love not feeling stuffed and beating myself up for bad food choices that I know I would continue to make. . .so yes, I am embracing all the reasons to eat healthier and lose weight, but no, after day 60, it is still really hard for me.  Just sayin'. . .

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you, it isn't as easy as most people think. I have found that I have to actually be aware of what I am doing to be successful on WW, this means I am spending more time dealing with the dreaded evil - FOOD! When I mentally check out I end up gaining weight since anything and everything ends up in my mouth - then I feel like crappola. So my dear, you have figured out the key - stay tuned in to your life and deal with planning all your meals and you will find MAJOR success. I am here to cheer you on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating healthily (even for us "skinny" people) is hard work! My problem is I tend to skip meals because I'm so busy trying to take care of other people. And not eating just makes me feel physically awful. Actually making time to eat, believe it or not, is something I constantly struggle with. Especially now that I'm 34 and my metabolism has started to slow, I can't get away with eating a handful of M&M's or a fast-food burger for lunch like I used to when I was in my teen's and 20's. You're right - being aware of what goes in your mouth definitely takes an entire change in lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @melissa - I hope you weren't offended, I know skinny (and I say that with the utmost envy & jealousy!) people have their own challenges. .but I have NEVER EVER not had time to eat. .LOL. .no matter how busy I am. Often don't get the laundry or dishes or other cleaning done, but eating? Always time for that! My only point was that no matter how much I enjoy losing weight and feeling healthier, it still doesn't make it easy for me in the food department. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cathy - LOL - yep, and we were talking about that in WW today. ..all the mental time spent on food now - planning, counting, etc!! :-) I love that you have done so well on WW - such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't offended at all! Truly!

    ReplyDelete