Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Days 39 - 55. . .I made it through the holidays and there is 12.8 pounds less of me!

First of all I have to say that I am so glad I have decided to share my weight loss ups and downs with my friends via blogging and facebook. . .why?  Because I thrive on the support and cheers I get from everyone!!  The power of praise and support is invaluable and right now its my drug of choice. . .I have had a few people say that they would never feel comfortable talking about their weight and the food they eat and the pounds they lose or don't lose in such a public format.  I ask why not?  Their answers range from its private to they don't want everyone looking and expecting them to be thinner every time they see them to they don't want to disappoint if it doesn't work to they don't want people knowing and asking them about it.  Well friends, for those that know me, that is not me.  I wear my heart on my sleeve and its not like my weight is a secret. . .if you know me, you know I have quite a few extra layers of maternal tissue and the more people that know what I am doing, the more supporters I have out there and that is what works for me now!  So, once again, thank you for supporting me - I love it and appreciate it soooo much. . .but we still have a really really long way to go. . .another 40 pounds to my first goal. ..

Soooooooooooooooo, I have made it through the holidays with a weight loss and I would be lying if I didn't say that I wasn't happy about that. . .I worked really hard at it and I'm so glad the scale showed me some love today!!  And when I say I worked hard at it, let me be clear, I am really only talking about tracking what I am eating and staying within my daily and weekly points and trying to make good food choices.  Exercise has yet to make a regular appearance into my world.  I think about it.  I want to do it.  But sometimes it just doesn't happen.I even signed up to be a part of Kirstie Alley's 100 days of Dance, but other than read the emails and look at the videos of others dancing, I have not made the jump yet.  Wait, I did dance quite a bit over the last week to Allie's new Just Dance Abba Hits on the Wii. ..love love dancing to Abba!!!  Interesting, I had so much fun doing it, I didn't even think of it as exercise. . .

I made a FABULOUS discovery recently.  PB2 - a powdered peanut butter that is an amazing substitute for traditional peanut butter at a fraction of the points.  Basically you take 2 TBS of the powder and mix with 1 TBS of water and the concoction makes 1 TBS of "peanut butter" for 1 POINT ONLY!!!  Pure awesomeness!  It has turned into a delicious afternoon snack for me, especially when I put the PB2 on MoonPops. . .

WHAT ARE MOON POPS?  They are almost like a Rice Cake, very airy and have a similar taste. They don't really have a taste until you top it with your favorite toppings! And while Allie likes to put Nutella on them (way beyond my points!), I love putting PB2 on them, as well as my 3 point tuna salad.  And at 1 point for 3 of the Moon Pops, that makes me a very happy camper!! 




Some other exciting news is that I did buy 3 new pairs of pants last week. . .I was previously wearing 20/22 (yes, I know. . pants actually do go up that high and higher and I can't believe I am actually sharing that with you!) and I was happy to notice they were falling off.  They even fell off a time or two in front of Allie over the past week and  while I wanted to wait to get clothes, I realized I HAD to have something.  Soooooooooooo, I bought 3 pair of $10 pants (walmart can be a beautiful place!) size 16/18. ..a long long way from looking good in that tank top I want so much, but yet, a good start!

I leave you with this final comment. . .in my meeting today I heard a woman say that more important to her than "looking good" is to be fit and healthy and to feel fit and healthy. . .you know what went through my head?  that is all fine and good, but damn I want to look good in a tank top

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you in the new pants but don't take the tags off all of them because I'm sure they are still way too big on you - as were the others even before you started losing weight - you look great and I'm so proud of you - tank top? who knew?

    ReplyDelete