Monday, December 19, 2011

Day 33-38 - Too Scared to Eat. . .

I had another nice weight loss last Wednesday at my weight in - down 1.2 for a total of 8.8 pounds. . .and yes, I love the stickers and clapping that happens at the WW meetings! I will admit - I am so motivated to do well because I know I will get weighed every week and the look on the weigh-in lady's face says it all.  The one week I went up .2. . .yes,  .2 pounds brought a very different look on her face than when I lost.

I didn't have any fabulous food discoveries this week. . . .although I was very excited to learn that the latkes we buy (Golden Potato Pancakes - sold at Albertson's & Safeway) were only 2 points when they are baked and not fried!! 

We had some friends over for a holiday White Elephant Party  (went through close to 100 latkes for about 30 people and some people told me on Sunday that they only got one or none because they went flying off the plate so fast!) and it was potluck.  People were supposed to bring appetizers or desserts and we were providing latkes and drinks.  At the last minute, Rich & I bought lots of fruits and veggies as we were nervous that everyone would bring yummy food that we shouldn't really eat on our diets.

Well, glad we did because other than one friend, everyone brought really yummy dips and food and desserts and I had NO CLUE what the point value was on most of anything!!  I totally knew to stay away from the decadent desserts - brownies, cheesecake, cookies, homd made large cookie cake, pumpkin spice cakes.  While I was busy checking the point value for potstickers that someone made, they disappeared so quickly that I didn't get to have one!  Someone brought those yummy Hebrew national pigs-in-a-blanket (I always find it completely wrong to call a Jewish food pigs-in-a-blanket), but they were 8 points for 5 tiny things and so I stayed away from them.  There was some really delicious dips that were chock full of cheese, but stayed away from those too because of not knowing the points - I am sure if I had JUST ONE bit it would be fine, but sometimes for me it is easier to have nothing than stop at JUST ONE.  Someone made yummy chicken tortilla rolls, and I assume they would have only been 2 points or so per piece, but again, not knowing made me stay away.  So ultimately, I found I was too scared to eat the foods because either the points were too high or I didn't know the points and didn't want to eat too much of something unknown.

So, I had 3 latkes for 6 points and lots of fruits and veggies and some hummus (about 2 points worth) and then a frozen WW entree at 10:30pm because I was starving!

I wasn't upset about not really eating more at my own party- I know I could have and could have guesstimated the points, but I made a conscious choice and I was okay with that.  I was happy to have some Latkes and hummus and fruits and veggies. . .I just found it amusing that I ate so little in the day to save so many points for the party at night and then not eat because I was too scared. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment