Monday, December 5, 2011

Days 23 & 24 - Exciting Food Finds

OK - so let me throw it out there, have not exercised since walking my 1 3/4 miles on Thursday evening. . .Thought about it this morning when I woke up early to pee, but opted to return to the cozy covers of my bed and got sucked into playing Hanging With Friends (which if you ask me is far more enjoyable than Words With Friends) and then it was conveniently too late to work out. . .

Somehow I find the eating part easier to embrace than the working out part. . .hopefully in time the working out part will come easier.

Saturday and Sunday moved on by without anything earth shattering to share.  Although I did discover 2 great food finds.

My first is the restaurant First Watch.  While they have a fair amount of reasonable to low point choices, I had an EXTREMELY low point meal that was satisfying.  A white egg omelet with tomatoes, onions and salsa for 2.5 points and a dry English Muffin for 3 points.  My meal also came with a side of fruit that is of course zero points.  A 5.5 meal, at a restaurant, that was tasty and satisfying - very exciting in my world!

Secondly, thanks to my daily emails from the Hungry Girl, I discovered Tofu Shirataki Noodles.  They were not bad and I might even go so far as to say they were kinda good. . .I will have to experiment more with them as I just used them for a side dish last night.  I had 3 ounces of steak (I shudder to think of the amount of cow I used to consume just a few weeks ago) and 1 cup of these noodles for zero points and 1/2 cup of marinara from Whole Foods for 1 point.  They were certainly more like spaghetti than spaghetti squash pretends to be! :-)

I am looking forward to trying some of the other recipes that Hungry Girl has for these noodles. ..this could be a great find for a carb junkie like me!

Finally, I do think its worth mentioning that I did bypass getting sucked into the donuts that were permeating my class on Sunday for snack that was brought in by not one, but 2 parents.  I busied myself by munching on some air popped popcorn & apples and chatting with some of the parents of my students, but boy did those donuts look tasty every time I looked at them.   And now that I think about it, I had to walk away from donuts at my daughter's soccer practice on Saturday as well.

Where were all these free donuts when I wasn't counting points????

No comments:

Post a Comment