Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Days 25 & 26 - How in the World Can You Start a Diet Before the Holidays?

If I had a dollar for every time someone has said/asked that to me over the last 26 days, I could certainly pay for WW next month.  My answer is always the same and very simple - I WAS READY.  Really - that is my answer.  Nothing more and nothing less. 

I had devoured one too many of Allie's Halloween candy bars and I had hit my low.  My bottom.  And while every day is a struggle for me and I truly take it day by day, for the first time in years and years I have to say that for me I am in that zone that Nothing Tastes as Good as Looking Good. . .at least for this 5 seconds.

A friend asked me today if she should also join WW.  Or if she should do another diet.  I cannot advise anyone else, I can only go with my experience in that in the past for all the times I started a program after spending time going back and forth in my head as to whether I am ready, I never ever stuck with it.  Never. This time I think it was on  Monday night that I had reached my bottom and by Wednesday I was at Weight Watchers. Not a lot of hemming and hawing  - just doing.

And tomorrow is my weigh-in day and my 4th week on WW. . .I didn't eat too many bananas this week, I didn't go out every night and I didn't exercise and I stayed within my points and only consumed about 1/3 my Weekly Points Allowance versus almost all of them the previous week. . .I really need to scale to treat me right this week.

And I did make a fabulous food discovery tonight!!  Trader Joe's has a Cioppino that is sooooooooo tasty and only 4 points per 1/2 cup - yummy!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Meryl, I am so proud of you. I think you hit the nail on the head in that successful dieting takes a complete attitude adjustment. You can't just SAY you are going to lose weight, you have to be READY to do it. Whenever I feel tempted to overindulge, I take my swimsuit out of the drawer and look at it. I'm not ashamed to admit that the way I look on the outside (while certainly not perfect) matters to me just as much as how I feel on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, thank you so much Melissa for your comment...and I love that the swimsuit trick works for you. . maybe I'll try that with a tank top! :-)

    ReplyDelete