Saturday, December 3, 2011

Days 21 & 22 - Walked 1 and 3/4 miles!

The most remarkable thing about Thursday was that while I stayed on program and within my points, I walked 1 3/4 miles at Allie's soccer practice.  For 3 years now at the twice weekly practices I have done nothing other than sit and chat with the parents and indulge in snacking.  I have even watched some of the skinny minny Moms walk and one or two of the Dads jog around the track.  But nope, I have never ever moved my tush other than to maybe get out of they way of a flying soccer ball.

This Thursday I texted one of my mommy soccer friends before practice and asked her if she wanted to walk and she immediately said yes.  I couldn't decide if I was happy or now dreading my precious chat time. . .Well, we walked 7 times around the track and while it took 50 minutes, I felt so good and enjoyed some great chat time too!!!  Speaking of taking 50 minutes, when I logged onto the WW website to input my activity points, there were lots and lots of choices under walking.  Race walking? No.  Speed Walking/? clearly no at 50 minutes.  High Impact Walking?  I think not.  Finally after scrolling through lots of different walking options I chose the most appropriate one - walking at less than 3 miles per hour.  Well, better than nothing, right?

On Friday I knew my challenge would be taking Allie to concert that evening and what i would do for dinner.  I decided to have a snack before going, dinner seemed too early at 5pm.  I figured there would be SOMETHING I could have at the arena.    I opted for a 5 point snack before leaving - popcorn and yogurt.  That brought me to 11 points.  While there were a plethora of high point options, there were very few, if any, low point options.  I finally stumbled on a Samurai Sam's and had their chicken terr & veggie bowl with no rice.  My best guestimation was that it was about 5 ounces of chicken and so I said it was 6 points - the veggies were vile, so I didn't touch them.  Well, I ate this at 6:30 and by 9:30 I was starving and the concert was far from being over.  I thought I had my fill of popcorn during the afternoon and i really needed something with protein.  I dug in my purse and was thrilled to discover a hidden and smushed zone bar - but 5 glorious protein points calling me!  And there were my 11 points for the day!!

We ended up getting home around midnight and while I was exhausted, i was sooooooooooo hungry again!  Too hungry to even go to bed.  So, I used 2 points of my Weekly Points Allowance (I still have 40 left) and had a 1 point piece of fiber bread with 1 point worth of Turkey on it.  I then promptly got ready for bed.

Lessons to be learned - the one time you are at a place with no fruits and veggies and low point options is NOT a good time to forget to leave the sliced apples and snap peas you always travel with in your purse.

1 comment: