Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day #1. . .My Cuppeth Runneth Over With Excitement over Free Fruits & Veggies

Let me begin by saying that Weight Watchers, is certainly not your Mother's Weight Watchers anymore. Fruits and veggies are free!!  Yep..  .that is right, they are Free!!!  I mean, ironically they are the most expensive thing that was in my grocery cart tonight, but in terms of WW they are free, free, free and the fact that I knew I could eat all day long if I needed to was my ticket to survival today.

Did I eat an abundance of fruits and veggies? No - I ate a very extremely healthy amount!!  I had an orange, apples slices, a kiwi, some pomegranate seeds, carrots & snap peas, but the fact that I knew I could have more if I wanted to was such a fabulous crutch.  I knew ultimately that I would not starve and that was all it took to make this doable to me.  Today anyways. . .

I would say that the only time I was obsessed with hunger was during and THE MINUTE AFTER dinner. . .well, truthfully, was I hungry after dinner?  No, not if I was actually consciously aware - I was actually comfortably satisfied.  But the 6 ounce portion of chili seemed sooooooooooooooo small to me that the entire time I ate it, and immediately after finishing, I kept telling Allie & Rich how I was going to be starving after dinner because I have never eaten such a small portion of chili.  Next time I will pay more attention and not whine and I will enjoy my meal.  . .apparently if I knew portion control I wouldn't be needing WW..  .but really, truly, never would have thought that 6 ounces would be satisfying.  Scary to think that just 2 nights earlier I had at least 2x that amount, maybe more and therefore consumed almost an entire days worth of points at one sitting in what i thought was a healthy meal of homemade chili..  .

Did I stay in my points for today?  Mostly yes. . ..I am allowed 29 points daily and then 49 points for the week on top of that.  .some people divide that into an extra 7 per day.  Some save it for one big blow out meal or an occasion.  Some (maybe the skinny minnies/) don't even use it. . .I finished the day with 31 points - 29 of my daily and 2 went into my 49 points for the week..  .I had 6 cups of popcorn instead of 3 cups.  But truthfully, I am not worried - no one every got fat over too much air popped popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment