Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weigh in #1. . .Lost 3.2 pounds

Well, its not quite the days of the 1980s where the Weight Watcher program was made up of Exchanges and you could only eat apples, oranges & grapefruits under the fruit exchange for the first 72 hours and you were sure to see an 8 pound weight loss the first week if you stayed on program. . .but it was a good weight loss and I'll take it!!!

I was sooooooooooooo nervous to step on the scale and when I saw the magical symbol signifying a loss ( - ) that the lady was writing down on my weigh-in card, I couldn't wait to share this loss with this group of virtual strangers (except my 2 good friends with me and a 2 other people that I just met last week who are good friends with another friend of mine)!!!  And I even got a sticker that says Bravo- who says stickers are just for kids????  I felt like a child - couldn't wait to show it to Rich & Allie. . .

And while some might think its hokey. . .I do love a WW meeting. ..love the clapping for those that lose weight.  Love the sharing of tips.  Love the camaraderie of fat/chunky/chubby/mildly overweight people coming together for the same reason - to finally win the battle of the food!!  But mostly, I like the weekly meetings because it keeps me accountable.

One more reason that I think this time it really might stick?  Historically when I had a good weigh in, that gave me the license to celebrate. . .with food.  This time, I went straight back to work and ate my WW frozen lunch. . . .and I was totally okay with that. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment