Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 8 - Low Point Dinner at Outbacks!!

First off, I am soooooooooooo glad I have publicly shared that I am on WW.  So many fabulous people are supportive and encouraging and I truly believe it helps me stay on program.  I have had some friends that have said to me that they can't believe how open I am about my food struggles/issues and that I am okay calling myself Fat Mommy.. .well, HELLO, is it a secret that I am Fat?  I think not.. unless I hide it much better than I think I do!  Unfortunately being overweight is not like other addictions - can't really hide it.  You see me, you see the fat.  Just is what it is.  I truly try not to attach meaning to it - just a statement - like someone is tall or short. . .for the moment, I am fat.. .and I'm kinda sorta sick of it.  And I really really want to wear a tank top next summer.  Yes, I know, anyone can wear a tank top if they choose - but I do not want to wear a tank top if I look like one of the people I talk about behind their backs saying "that person should never wear a tank top". . .and if you don't say that to yourselves, then you are a better person than I.  Again, not passing judgment - just who really wants to see all that roly poly fat exposed? Come on. .you know, its like seeing people wearing certain bathing suits that they should just not be wearing...personally if I could go swimming in a sweat suit, I would, but I can't and I always feel bad if I might be the cause of scaring kids half to death at pool parties. ..

Ok, moving on...yesterday I discovered 2 neat things.  1) Orville Redenbocker has the most delicious, yet small, 2 point bags of Kettle Korn popcorn.  Its the 94% Smart Pop.  Sooooooooooooooooo yummy.  And while it is small - it truly was a good snack size.  And while I could eat much more air popped popcorn for 2 points, this hit the spot yesterday.  2) I had a 9.5 point dinner at Outbacks and it was soooooo yummy & soooo filing.  Their Outback Special Steak is 5.5 points for their 6 ounce and 8.5 for their 9 ounce. They actually don't have a 9 ounce on their menu, they have an 8 ounce - so I said it was 7.5 points.  You have to remember to ask for it without butter - the butter hads a few points.  And then I had a dinner salad with like 2 teaspoons of blue cheese dressing (2 points) and balsamic vinegar and a side of steamed veggies. 

Ok - truthfully, I think next time I might get the smaller steak and get a baked potato and eat 1/2 of it.  .the no starch thing left me a little dis-satisifed. But that is okay.  .globally I love discovering restaurants that I can make good choices at and not feel like I am giving up a lot.

And for now, ending the evening with either the WW Fudge Bar or Caffe Late Bar is completely satisfying to me. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment