Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 11 - My Birthday!

I had a fabulous day with friends and family and even managed to stay on program and within my points. ..well, not my DAILY points, but due to the Weekly Points Allowance of 49 points, I stayed within my weekly points.


While I left my breakfast sitting in my fridge at home, I was able to put something together at the office.  I had yogurt for 2 points, and 2 wheat rice cakes and 2 slivers of swiss cheese on it for 3 points and a banana. 

I met some girlfriends for a fabulous sushi lunch that I loved and it cost me about 10 points. .. more than a typical lunch, but I think pretty good for a birthday lunch.  Although I didn't touch the edamame that was ordered. .why?  Because they are so high in points. . .then later I just chuckled to myself - I mean, I don't think I got fat over eating too many edamame. . .

I enjoyed a decadent pedicure with a girlfriend and then I decided I really did want Starbucks for a little birthday treat...I kept obsessing about it all day - how crazy was that!!  So I did enjoy a grande Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte for 3 points. . .sooooooooooooooooo good!!!  But worth 3 points??? On my birthday yes, not sure about other days. . .

So, I was heading into dinner with 11 points left for the day and 45 Weekly Points Allowance left.  I loved every.single.bite of my dinner (fillet Mignon & scallops, fried rice, shrimp, soup, salad w/ ginger dressing) as well as the whole ambiance of the evening, but when I got home later I realized I had NO FRIGGEN CLUE how many points dinner was.  As much as I googled, I could not find the nutritional information for Bennihana's, so I went on to the Japanese restaurants on the WW site and put together my points for dinner as best as I could and rounded up when I wasn't sure.  I also added 4 points extra for all the butter/oil that is slathered on the veggies to make them soooooooooo delish!  So in total, I estimate that my birthday dinner cost me.. .wait for it. ..26 points.  Yep - almost a WHOLE DAY'S worth of points for one decadent delicious dinner. But the beauty of WW, is that with tomorrow being my last day of the week, not only did I not go over my WPA, but I still have 30 left and I have 2 more days left to eat this week!

Dessert you ask?  What did I do for my birthday dessert?  Guess what, I was sooooooooo full and content from dinner, I didn't have a bite!!  They brought me a beautiful ice cream, they sang Happy Birthday and I gave my ice cream to my friend Sue who enjoyed every morsel of it!  I did snag a bit of Allie's sherbet that she got. .it was beyond delish!!

So is this how skinny people do it?  Do they plan all week to splurge for their birthday dinner (nah, really skinny minnys probably don't even splurge!)?  Because I have to say, I felt proud of myself that I ate generously and decadently and stayed on program. . .no guilt to beat myself up with afterwards and truly, that was a fabulous birthday present in and of itself. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment