Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 4 - A bit of a hard one. . .

Not really sure why, but from about 1pm on, today was a bit of a tougher day.

Maybe the downfall started with not really having enough time to eat a decent breakfast in the morning.

Maybe no reason other than, just was what it was. . .

I got a later start than I had intended this morning.  My 9 year old had a friend spend the night and we all went to bed super late - after 1am - and we all had to be up and ready out the door for religious school.  Being that I teach 2nd grade, I truly like to get to Temple by 9.  Allie & I have a routine; I get her a donut at our Temple Cafe and pick up a bagel & cream cheese for me.  We are at my classroom by 9:15 where she helps me get ready for the kids before she needs to be in her class at 9:30.

I consciously knew I wasn't going to get a bagel - with all those points that is would cost me.  I had intended on eating my Good Friends Cereal at home for a total of 5 points - 4 for the cereal and 1 for the 1/2 cup of milk.  I also knew i wanted to pack some snack snacks for me that would be healthy choices.  Between getting up late (pushing snooze on my alarm quite a few times) and chasing the girls to get ready and making sure all my materials for class were packed, as well as my snacks, I realized I had no time to eat breakfast at home.  I poured my 1 cup of Cereal into a bag and thought I would eat it while walking to class. 

Not everything always works out as intended.  I got caught talking to a parent and then I offered to walk another parent's child to my classroom and I got busy chatting and next thing I new it was 9:30 and time to begin class.

We have snack around 10:30, so I did eat my cereal then (out of its bag) and had a banana as well.  While I was ravenous by the time 10:30 rolled around, after I ate I wasn't hungry and was satisfied.  And ultimately proud that I made good choices and didn't succumb to the muffins that the snack person in my class brought in and the donuts that a past student came to offer me.

After religious school I made a Boca Burger at home and had it on a wheat english muffin - and with some fresh fruit and veggies my lunch was 6 points.  I enjoyed it, but ultimately didn't find it very satisfying.  .like I was still kinda hungry, not starving, but definitely not content. And at this point started having a headache too.

I was hungry like an hour later.  I had a banana.

I was hungry like an hour later.  I didn't want fruit.  I didn't want veggie.  Its not that i wanted junk, but I wanted SOMETHING. . .just no clue what.  I opted for Air Popped Popcorn and while I wasn't 100% happy, that seemed to hit the spot.

We went to dinner at an Italian Restaurant Tonight and it was easy for me to avoid the bread in the beginning.  It was evening easy for me to use moderate amount of dressing.  It was even relatively easy for me to not eat any of the free desserts that our table was given (crappy service - a whole other story).  But you know what was not easy?  Not eating my whole meal of Rigatoni Bolognese!!!!  The whole meal would have been 30 points and after my salad, I had 16 points left.  Maybe had I actually done what I did the other day, immediately take half out and put it in a take out container to take home, it would have been easier.  But nope,  I divided it into half on my plate and glared and stared at that uneaten half for quite a while. 

I didn't eat it - not that it would have killed me if I had, but I would have been way over my daily points and sucked up quite a bit of my weekly 49 points and I didn't want to do that.  And I was saving my last 2 points for a dessert bar at home (well, 1 point on daily plan and 1 point going to the weekly 49 points).

So, did I make it through the day?  Yes. . .but I was headachey and snacky most of the day and sad that I was so focused on not eating my whole meal, despite how delicious it is.  And then I realized, in addition to losing weight, I want to be one of THOSE people that immediately package up 1/2 their meal and don't think twice about it. 

For now, I will be satisfied knowing I made it through the day and stayed on plan. . .and truthfully, I am a little excited about ending my night by  having my 2 point WW ice cream bar while catching up on last week's tv shows. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment