Sunday, November 20, 2011

Days 9 and 10. . .the Weekend!

The weekend started out with some delicious 2 point yogurt at my fave yogurt place - Yogurt Builderz!  Friday night we went to one of our fave sushi restaurants where I had a fabulous dinner of miso soup and sushi and stayed within my points.

Even though Allie's soccer game wasn't until 11am, somehow we were rushing to get out of the house and I did not eat breakfast before I left.  But I did pack it - a banana and 1 cup of Kashi Good Friends cereal.  It was actually rather tasty and filled me up.  When the kids had donuts for snack after the game, I can't tell you I didn't mentally drool over the donuts, but in truth I was full so didn't totally obsess about the donut I didn't have.

It worked out well that I ate lunch late because we had my daughter's school carnival from 3-7 and I knew I didn't not want to pass up the Kettle Corn.  .I googled and googled and tried to determine how many points each serving had, but was not overly successful.  Therefore I decided that each cup had 3 points. . . in any event, I went to the Carnival with 21 points still available to me. 

My plan was to take some sliced apples and snap peas with me and get some Kettle Corn - like 3 cups worth and then I would still have 12 points left for dinner.  By the time we got the Kettle Corn, it was about 5:30 and I did snack on it a tiny bit - probably about a cup. . .then by 6pm I was STARVING.  .fruit, veggies and popcorn were not going to satisfy this hunger.  My choices were a chicken burrito (fortunately I was able to find the points online - 16.5 points) or pizza. . .

Pizza just was not going to cut it for me, so I decided to go for the Chicken Burrito.  I had 21 points going to the Carnvial and I ate about 3 points of Kettle Corn - so I had 18 points left over.  After my rather tasty chicken burrito, I had 1.5 points left over and I was satisfied and not hungry anymore. 

I was even able to pass up Movie Popcorn at a movie we saw later that night.  .the smell got to me and I wanted it, but with my birthday coming up on Monday it wasn't worth it to go over points and I had sliced apples & snow peas with me too.  I mean who can pass those up at a movie??? :-)    I also remembered that I had a box of WW chewy/gummy strawberry candy that is 1 point for the WHOLE BOX. . ..those candies are a great little substitute for those times you want that gummy type candy. . .

When we got home later at night, I did have a 2 point ice cream bar and finished the day with eating all my points and .5 of the Weekly Point Allowance of 49 points.

I was proud of myself on Sunday.  After religious school we were meeting some friends at a local pizza place and when I walked in, there was delicious looking pizza and wings on the table.  I went straight to the salad bar and added some diced ham and shredded cheese to my salad to ensure I had enough protein.  While I did manage to not dive into the pizza & wings. . . .I can't deny salivating over the smell that permeated the air where we were sitting from the wings and pizza. But I wasn't tempted to grab one and was fine with my choice.  Again, the points for even 1 wing was just not worth it for me right now. 

A wonderful afternoon with friends was had. . .and I was amazed at how okay everyone was with munching on snap peas and apples. . .or at least everyone pretended to be in order to be supportive to me.

Dinner was chicken breast, quinoa (enhanced with cilantro, tomatoes & onions), strawberries, raspberries & blackberries.  Truthfully, there was asparagus on the table as well, I just forgot it was there and forgot to eat it. I ended the day with eating all my points and not going into my Weekly Points Allowance and going into my birthday and 2 days left in my week, I still have 45 Weekly Allowance Points left.  .

Well, I survived the weekend with the carnival, social gathering and a movie. . .let's hope we are as sucessful for my birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment