Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 12 - Restauranting is Hard

Yesterday I was taken to a wonderful, wonderful local restaurant for lunch - Chelsea's Kitchen, in the Camelback Corridor.  The ambiance was heavenly and food Divine. . .

But truthfully, I looked at the menu with fear and while out loud I said nothing, inside I said "WTF?  How many points is any of this???". 

Sure, WW has come a really really long way over the years with all the restaurants they have included on their website - most, or quite a bit, of the fast food/chain restaurants can be found on their website.  And even lots of restaurants have posted their NI on their own websites as well.

But often, there are local restaurants, or even big chain restaurants where no information is to be found.  So, the next best thing is to find a like-kind restaurant and guesstimate.

I don't want to GUESStimate.  I want TO KNOW. 

I don't want to not eat enough points in my day because I am giving food too many points when I am guessing and I don't want to eat too many points in my day by guessing too little.  If I guess too much incorrectly on a regular basis, it will effect my weight loss.

I am also really really bad at estimating the serving portion.  .I have no clue if its a cup, 1/2 cup, more , less. . .if you ask me how many people were at the party, I can't tell you if there were 10, 20 or 40 without counting. . .so that is my other challenge when I eat at restaurants that are not listed in the WW book.

I am trying to pay more attention at home as to what a cup of rice looks like, or what 3 ounces of beef/chicken look like - but really, I just am challenged there.

I suppose the scale later today will reflect how well my guessing did on this birthday week. . .

And despite my fabulously tasty lunch (fresh guac, freshly made corn tortillas, black beans & rice, shrimp, crab, fillet Mignon) which I counted as 15 points, I opted for a smaller point dinner (7) of chicken & quinua with fruits and veggies. .which was just fine as I wasn't overly hungry from my lunch and I ended the day within my 29 points. 

So long as I guessed right, I suppose. . .


 

No comments:

Post a Comment