Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 7 - Crunchy Quinoa. . .not too bad. . .LOL. . .

I woke up on Wed morning. . .my weigh in day. . .a prisoner to the scale. . .I started by stepping on my own scale which I have not done in months (not from a healthy "I won't live by my weight" attitude, but rather sheer denial. . .if I don't really look, maybe the 125 weight on my driver's license is true after all!) and the weight was 1/2 pound lower than what my weight was when I weighed in at WW for my first time last Wednesday.  Instead of being rational and realizing that i didn't weight myself at home last Wednesday and see if the scale numbers between my home scale and WW scale were the same, I decided to be frustrated that I potentially only lost 1/2 pound on my first week.

Then when I realized there is really nothing I can do about it, I pondered for over an hour whether I should eat breakfast before weighing in.  Now, weighin isn't until 11am and I was STARVING, because with my new found healthy eating, I am actually hungry when I wake up in the morning.  But I didn't want anything to make the scale go up, so I was really contemplating not eating until after the meeting.

By 9:15am I just could not wait any longer and I succumbed to a delicious 6 point WW English Egg Muffin with Canadian Bacon.  Then I debated on drinking anything because I didn't want to possibly put on any water weight if I drank and didn't pee before weigh in.  Well, by 10am, I was parched and had to drink.

So at 10:50am I left my office with grave concern that I only lost  1/2 pound and my food and ice tea of the morning could add that weight back on, plus more.  I was soooooooooooooo excited when I lost 3.2 pounds!!

Instead of celebrating my loss with "cheating", I headed back to the office and had a 7 point lunch  - WW Chicken Parm with spaghetti.  It was okay. .nothing wonderful.  But I had some delicious raspberries & blackberries and snap peas to go along with it.

My afternoon snacks consisted of a 2 point chocolate pudding and 2 points worth of air-popped popcorn.

For dinner I decided I was going to make this Quinoa that I am hearing everyone rave about. . .now, I love couscous, but everyone was telling me how much better this was, so I was willing to give it a try.  I followed the directions on the bag  - 1 cup of quinoa (they told me to wash it, but really, do people do that?  that seems insane to me considering it goes into boiling water) poured into 1 1/4 cup of bowling water and cover for 12 minutes.  Well, I followed the directions EXACTLY and opened the lid of the pan at about 8 minutes and there was not one ounce of liquid left, so I took it off the burner for fear i would burn.  Never having Quinoa before, i had no clue what to expect. . .I kinda liked the nutty, albeit crunchy taste.  Little did I know there should be no crunch. . .

In addition to my crunchy quinoa, I had a WW hamburger for 5 points. . along with asparagus, grapes, and mixed berries. The size of this WW burger is worth the picture:

You have to visualize, the plate is a small salad plate and that is 1/2 cup of Quinoa, which is much larger than my WW burger.

But you know what was shocking, despite the extreme minuteness of my hamburger, it was quite a filling dinner and rather tasty. . .even with the crunchy quinoa.  I guess I was kind of at an advantage not knowing what it tasted like, so I had nothing to compare it to.

Somehow I was low on points again when dinner was over - 5 points. Going into dinner I had 12 points left and the quinoa was 1.5 points and the WW burger was 5 points.  So, I had 5 points left over. . .but I splurged and had 2 frozen WW Bars for a total of 5 points. . .


Ok, so I suppose I did celebrate my weight loss after all. . .being decadent with 2 WW desserts worth 5 points. . .and still ending my day .5 points short.  I can live with a celebration like that. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment