Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 3 - Fat Mommy versus a Dessert Table

Mmmmm.  .Mmmmm. . .Mmmmm. . .chocolate cupcakes, chocolate cake pops, chocolate covered marshmallows and fruit.  .

But before we get to that, I did discover a nice snack that was 1.5 points. . .literally.  A large puffed up rice cake of sorts and 3 slices of honey roasted turkey. . .I felt like doing a little happy dance - it was tasty, filling and low points. . .


Went to a Talent Show fundraiser at my Temple tonight and I knew there was going to be a dessert bar.  In the past, the desserts have been baked by temple members and while lots of them tasted delicious, there were also many that were easy to pass up.  I wasn't overly concerned and I knew, that I would have a tasty 3 point Chocolate Fudgsicle that was waiting for me when I got home.  But regardless, I did decide to be smart and pack my own arsenal of food I could eat - apple slices, pomegranate seeds & a cutie.

I was not expecting what I saw - a catered dessert table made up of some very very yummy chocolate food and a mediocre looking fruit salad.  YUMMMMMM, my taste buds were screaming!!!  NOOOOOOOO my jiggly belly was saying! 


Could I have had some of  the decadent desserts?  Yes, of course. . .but truthfully, the matter of figuring out the points was too challenging  and so I decided to stick with the fruit.  Was I unhappy and did I feel deprived?  No, not really. . .once I got past the immediate passion I felt for the desserts on display, I was really okay with it.  And I did look up on my phone the points of what some of those desserts might have been and really? They were too many points for me. . .so I was okay saying no. Kind of.

And why was the fruit salad so mediocre looking?  Is that because the vast majority of people are healthy and they know they don't have to fancy it up any because the fruit will always go? Just one of those things that make you say hmmmmmmmmmmmm.. . .

I did stay within my points today (although I did have to use 3 of my weekly extra 49 points) and even drank the required amount of liquid. ..all in all, a good day despite my all over tingling sensation when I was so close to so much yummy chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment