Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 5 - What a Difference Protein Makes for Me!!!

Not only was Day 5 pretty smooth sailing, but it was a pretty good one!!!  Thanks to a friend who suggested a lot of my problems on Sunday were due to low protein, I changed it up yesterday and made sure I had some protein every few hours...what a difference!!!!  I didn't find I was hungry and found I was not draggy and not continually searching for what food to eat. . .I was eating every 2 - 3 hours, but making good choices for me.

I have to say, I even fought off homemade brownies that came into the office yesterday.. .and I had a 2 point chocolate pudding with me, so I had that and it satisfied my chocolate urge as I drooled over the brownies.  Well, kinda.

I had a wonderful late afternoon snack that was 1.5 points. .. .1 piece of Sara Lee Honey Wheat 45 calorie bread (1 point) and 3 slices of Oscar Meyer Honey Roasted Turkey for .5 points. . .add some apple slices and a cutie and I was a happy camper.  By the time dinner was going to roll around, I had 14 points left and knew I would have 2 pieces of Costco Tilapia (8 points) and Mashed Potatoes (3 points) along with some veggies and I would have 3 points left over for the WW Fudge Bar.

Well, plans don't always work out as you.  .well... plan.  We had to go to the Mall to get Allie a new pair of sneakers and of course, as any 9 year who has PE the next day requires, we had to go immediately last night.  Oy - what to have in the food court. I could have had Subway - a safe choice, but really boring for me. 

And if it wasn't for having to go to the mall last night, probably would never have discovered how AWESOME Baja Fresh is for WW!!! OMG- lots and lots of really decent point choices!!! Each taco (or most) are only 5 points.. .While the regular burritos are quite a bit,I had a Bare Burrito in a bowl for 15 points - the chicken one.  It was MOST DELICIOUS!!!!   Check out the picture - black beans, chicken, lettuce, peppers, rice, cheese and pico de gallo!!

So, yes, I had 14 points left (but still 39 for my weekly allowance) for my day. . .So I had the 15 points (I ate every.single.yummy.bite) and then before I went to bed, I capped by evening off with a delicious (soooooooooooooo good, like frozen coffee) WW Giant Latte bar for 2 points.

So, I ended the day with eating very healthy, very satisfying and with eating 32 points - 29 for my day 3 points going into my Weekly Allowance, bringing me to a total of 36 weekly allowance points left.

My daily challenge seems to still be not drinking enough water. ..I am drinking lots of ice tea though...and much less soda.   I think I will try to do the sugar free flavorings in my water and mix that up with my insane consumption of ice tea a bit -hopefully that will help.  .




No comments:

Post a Comment