Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 6 - Not best planning leads to 1 point short. . .

Weight Watchers says YOU MUST eat the minimum amount of points each day - 29 is my minimum.  I only ate 28 yesterday. . .not because I wasn't hungry, not because I forgot to eat, but because of rushing around and some poor planning.

The day started off great with a banana and a WW Smart One English Egg McMuffin with Canadian Bacon for 6 points.  I ended up having a cutie late morning and then lunch - very yummy WW Smart One 3 Cheese Ziti for 7 points.  I had some apple slices before I left work and then I headed to the grocery to stock up on fruit, veggies, chicken and some road kill for my husband's diet - Paleo or Caveman Diet.  My plan was to come home from grocery and unpack everything and then pack some nuts or other protein snack for me to take to Allie's soccer practice.

Well, grocery took a lot longer than intended and by the time I got home I only had to time throw the necessary items in the freezer or fridge, grab water for Allie, grab something to drink for me and some apples and snap peas for me.  I wasn't overly hungry, so I was okay not having the protein and I figured for dinner I would just add some points into the Tilapia & Asparagus I was planning on having for dinner.

Though I would have 2 pieces of Tilapia (8 points) and 1/2 cup of couscus for 3.5 points, and asparagus with olive oil (3 points) or a total of 14.5 points.   I would have 1.5 points left over and have my WW Giant Latte Bar for 2 points for dessert - finishing the day with my 29 points and .5 going into my Weekly Point Allowance, which I had more than enough extra points left over for the week.

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllll . ..by the time we get home from soccer, Allie starts on her homework, I attempt to put groceries away while cooking dinner, realizing the fish I bought for Rich to have was still a bit frozen. . .we FINALLY sit down to dinner at 8pm.  Allie with a LEO (Lox, Eggs & Onion), Rich with steak that he had to grill at last minute because his fish was still frozen and me with my Tilapia and Asparagus for everyone.  I am enjoying my dinner, but realize something is missing.  .what is it?  Oh yeah, WHERE IS MY COUSCUS??? Oh yeah, still in a grocery bag.. one of the non-essential items to be put away in the fridge that I forgot about.  And that is how I ended my day 1 point short. . .even switched my Giant Cafe Latte Bar to the Fudge One for an additional point. LOL

And on top of it all, TODAY is my weigh-in.  I made the mistake of stepping on my scale at home and let's just say that my scale is wrong because if not, then it says I am only down .5 since last week.  Its amazing how much power I give that scale, but I do and I need it to show me something more than .5. . .if not, guess I can always blame it on not eating that 1 extra point yesterday.. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment